WHAT IS THE
THIS IS YOUR VOICE IN THE
FUTURE OF YOUR COMMUNITY
"Why doesn't somebody do something about that?" How often have you heard (or asked) that question -- particularly about an issue in Tarzana?
Well, now you and your neighbors have that opportunity. The Tarzana Neighborhood Council is certified by the City Charter to represent the community as a recognized part of the greater government of Los Angeles.
The purpose of the Tarzana Neighborhood Council is:
1. To promote public participation in city governance and decision making processes, to make government more responsive to local needs and requests, and to create more opportunities to build partnerships with government to address local needs and requests.
2. To monitor the delivery of city services and city government responses to problems and requests from Tarzana stakeholders.
3. To foster a sense of community for all people within Tarzana to express ideas and opinions about their neighborhoods and their government.
4. To be an advocate for Tarzana to government and private agencies.
5. To be a forum for discussion and review of community issues and projects.
6. To serve as an advisory board to city government.
7. To take any actions that are permitted by law.